There are people who like to read. And then there are people who are truly bookish. Which are you? Take this quiz to find out.
Take the quiz
- Does your heart beat a little faster when you step into a bookstore or library?
- Do you start to feel panicky if you are waiting in line somewhere with nothing to read?
- Have you ever wept or lost sleep over the fate of a fictional character?
- Do you sometimes grieve when you finish a novel, because you have to leave those characters behind?
- When you go to someone’s home for the first time, do you immediately check out their books?
- Do you live among stacks of books that resemble a redwood forest?
- If you have an e-reader, does it contain more books than you could possibly read in a lifetime?
- Do you often have more than one book going at a time?
- Have you ever snuck out of a party to read for a couple of minutes?
- Have you ever cancelled or declined a social event so you could stay home and read?
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these questions, you are a certifiable book nerd. My condolences. It is a chronic condition and there is no cure.
But to help keep the cravings under control, you should quickly sign up for Being Bookish, my free monthly newsletter: book talk, giveaways, and other stuff that only a book nerd could love.
Sign up here. You’ll feel better.