There are people who like to read. And then there are people who are truly bookish. Which are you? Take this quiz to find out.
Take the quiz
- Does your heart beat a little faster when you step into a bookstore or library?
- Do you start to feel panicky if you are waiting in line somewhere with nothing to read?
- Have you ever wept or lost sleep over the fate of a fictional character?
- Do you sometimes grieve when you finish a novel, because you have to leave those characters behind?
- When you go to someone’s home for the first time, do you immediately check out their books?
- Do you live among stacks of books that resemble a redwood forest?
- If you have an e-reader, does it contain more books than you could possibly read in a lifetime?
- Do you often have more than one book going at a time?
- Have you ever snuck out of a party to read for a couple of minutes?
- Have you ever cancelled or declined a social event so you could stay home and read?
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these questions, you are a certifiable book nerd. My condolences. It is a chronic condition and there is no cure.
But to help keep the cravings under control, you should quickly sign up for Being Bookish, my free monthly newsletter: book talk, giveaways, and other stuff that only a book nerd could love.
Sign up here. You’ll feel better.
4 thoughts on “Are you a book nerd? A quiz”
I love Marcia’s comment! I am happily afflicted. Number 7 is the only one I’d have to take a pass on. I’ve tried an ereader and it made me miserable. I need to hold a book, feel its heft, have the tactile and mental satisfaction of turning an actual page. Not to mention the release from eye-strain, after staring at and writing on a computer all day long.
I consider it my duty as a writer to readreadread as deeply and widely as possible. Literacy is such a gift, isn’t it?
I agree, although I do like my ereader for certain uses. Paper books, audiobooks, ebooks – I love them all.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Marcia, you must have scored 10 out of 10.
At last, a diagnosis to embrace!